RECIPE: Tandoori Chicken, Spicy Cauliflower and Roti

/
0 Comments
Tandoori Chicken

I used:
4 Chicken legs and thighs, skinned and washed them.
1 tsp Ginger & garlic paste
3/4 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Tumeric Powder
1 tsp Tandoori Paste
1/2 tsp Crushed Chillies
1 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 tblsp Tomato Paste

Pre- heat the oven to 180°. Combine all ingredients into a paste and marinate chicken with this. I recommend you let the dish marinate in the fridge for at least an hour. Transfer to an oven- proof dish. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 15 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of baking, I turned the oven to grill, this helps to achieve that traditional "tandoor" charring. Once its done, Garnish with some fresh Coriander and some Garam Masala.


Spicy Cauliflower

I used:
1 medium Cauliflower head.
1/2 tsp Tumeric
1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Tikka Paste
1 tblsp

Heat a wok with 1 tblsp Butter, I would usually use coconut oil but i'm all out so i'm using Butter. Chop up the cauliflower in to florets, braise in the butter and add the spices and tikka paste. Stir fry it until all the cauliflower is equally covered in spices. At this point, I turn the stove down to low heat and cover with a lid so that it can steam lightly. I like to have my cauliflower slightly cruncy but my husband likes it cooked all the way through so that's how I made it today.



Roti

I also made some Roti's for the family to enjoy. I do this very simply by mixing 2 cups of flour with 1/8 cup of oil and a pinch of salt. I then add enough boiled water to make a soft pliable dough. I bring it together with a fork so that I don't burn my hands. I leave the dough to rest for 1/2 an hour and then I start making dough balls, roughly golf ball sized. Meanwhile I heat the frying pan. I like to have 2 rolled out already before I begin "frying" them. The pan needs to be very hot in order for the roti's to cook quickly and to puff up nicely. I dry fry them as prefer them to their oily alternatives and they need to be rolled REALLY thin so that they are light and airy. I had a little helper too!







You may also like

No comments: