RECIPE: Salt and Pepper Pot Roasted Chicken

/
1 Comments
My mom showed me how to make this. It was a firm favorite growing up. Its simple and so satisfying. I just love to eat it with a variety of veggies. I would usually have had it with spicy tomato spaghetti and veggies with white sauce. But since we are trying to make better choices I decided to make these with some wholewheat pasta with onions ans peppers and some roasted veg.


Ingredients:


  • Chicken cut into pieces, I used 4 legs and 4 thighs, removed all skin and trimmed any excess fat.
  • 3 cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced.
  • 1 sprig of Rosemary (I was out of fresh so used 1/2 tsp dried Rosemary)
  • salt to taste
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tbslp Coconut Oil
Method:

I heated my pot and added the rosemary, garlic and oil. As soon as the garlic started to change colour I added the  chicken pieces, salt and pepper, I stirred it thoroughly to ensure that it was as evenly seasoned. I then browned and sealed the chicken. You want it to have a beautiful roasted brown colour. You can then add some water and close the lid. steam the chicken until it is done. Seriously so easy but mmm! Yummy!!




You may also like

1 comment: